Altea Attorney

EU Permanent residence permit

EU Permanent residence permitSince recent years, a person who has managed to obtain the “status of long-term resident” in one of the European Union states can be granted facilities concerning the authorisation to settle in another country of the European Union, including Belgium.

These facilities also extend to beneficiaries of international protection (asylum or subsidiary protection).

Every intention or plan to emigrate must be individually analysed in light of European law, international and national case-law and Belgian administrative practices.

There are requirements in terms of sufficient income, age of family members, etc. The freedom of movement and the right to establishment are no absolute rights, not for the long-term residents, nor for EU members and their family members.

Altea offers advice by expert lawyers, adapted to your personal situation.

Contact Céline Verbrouck or Catherine de Bouyalski, specialist lawyers in immigration law and international family law, certified by the Order of Lawyers of the Bar of Brussels.